Newborn & Baby Sessions (newborn – 6 months)
So, what’s included in a newborn/infant session?
Meredith Klapp Photography is a licensed, insured, tax paying business. I am extensively trained in newborn photography and safety, and am currently the only accredited newborn and maternity photographer in Valdosta. I have experience with over 900 newborns
and over 2,000 family sessions. Your baby’s safety and comfort is my top priority, and my goal is to make your session as easy and stress free as possible during this special (and busy) time for you!EVERYTHING is included at the studio, so you don’t need to bring anything unless you have something special you would like to incorporate. I joke and say “all you need is the baby and milk.” But really, that’s all you need to bring! All props, baskets, blankets, headbands, hats, newborn pants, and wraps are supplied. I even have a changing station stocked with all the baby essentials. Before your session day, you’ll be able to fill out an online questionnaire in the comfort of your home – this will help me 100% customize your session to your taste. You’ll get to select props and backgrounds (and see examples of them in use) ahead of time, so everything will be ready as soon as you step in the door.
Don’t have anything to wear? I’ve got that covered too! Tons of beautiful mamma dresses, and little girls dresses are available in the studio for you to wear to complete the look if you wish. No need to stress about shopping.
Come and relax in my comfortable 1500 square foot studio with a dedicated parent lounge area, fully stocked changing table, bottle warmer, fridge, coffee/snacks, table area for eating (menus available for local restaurants) TV with Netflix/Hulu, and access to free Wifi. The studio has a wheelchair accessible ramp, and a private ADA compliant restroom (stocked with new mom essentials). The studio is thoroughly cleaned and a sanitized before each session for your baby’s safety. My goal is for you to feel totally at home while you’re here! View more photos of the studio HERE!
A few more details…..
- All newborn/infant sessions take place weekday mornings (Mon-Thurs) in my studio located in Hahira, GA. (104 S. Church Street) We are closed on weekends.
- Sessions must be pre-booked to reserve your spot, then after your baby is born we will set up your exact session date.
- Newborn/infant sessions can take place anytime between 2 weeks after birth to several months after your baby is born! A lot of people think they have to be taken before 2 weeks of age. But after working with over 800 newborns, I disagree! There’s never a bad time to photograph your little one. I am confident working with babies of all ages and stages! There are also benefits to waiting until your baby is a few weeks old such as: full feedings and more settled tummies. Moms have more time to heal and generally feel much better, and siblings have time to adjust to their new role as a big bro/sis! I feel 100% confident photographing infants several weeks and even months old, so if you prefer to wait a bit, that is totally ok! Or if you want to get in sooner after your baby arrives, we can do that too! It’s all up to you, and what you feel best doing. Just contact me when your baby arrives and we will figure out the perfect date for you. (For babies crawling, walking and over 6 months, a regular outdoor portrait session is recommended.)
- A $200 retainer fee is required to book your date, and the remaining balance (or next payment) of your package is due at the time of the session. Flexible payment plans are available.
- Infant sessions generally last around 2 hours. Sometimes a bit longer depending on baby’s needs. I reserve extra time just in case!
- After you book online, you will receive a confirmation email that contains a link to my newborn session guide. This will help you prepare for your session. It will give you all the details on what to expect, bring, wear, and more!
- Prices are subject to change at any time unless your session is booked with a paid retainer fee.
How do you book? Super easy!
- Just select your desired package below.
- Select your approximate due date . This will serve as a placeholder, and is not your actual session date – If you don’t see your due date below, don’t worry! This is just to get your information in my booking system. I will make sure to put your actual due date down and I’ll reserver a spot for you. We will decide on your actual session date when your baby gets here.
- Fill out your information.
- After you submit your info, you’ll receive a detailed invoice via email. A $200 retainer is required and due within 7 days. After that has been paid, you’re all set and your spot is reserved!!
- Contact me as soon as you are able when your baby is born, and we will set up your exact session date!
- A few days before your session, I’ll send you a questionnaire to fill out. This will help me customize your props, backgrounds, and colors. All you’ll have to do is walk in and everything will be ready!
- That’s all there is to it! I am so excited to work with you!
Forms of payments accepted are: Cash, Check, or Paypal/Venmo Business. A detailed invoice will be sent after booking.
Interested in adding a maternity session? Book a newborn package and a maternity session, and you’ll get $50 off the regular maternity session price ( discount will be deducted from your invoice). Please Check for availability first as sessions book a few months out.
*Just a reminder, sessions book up quickly (about 4-6 months in advance) so if you’re interested in milestone sessions like 6 months and 1 year, it’s best to book a baby’s first year plan. This way you’re guaranteed a spot before they fill!*